PRESS RELEASE 2019
Launched in 2016 to raise awareness and funds for a variety of causes, the Little Market That Could™
(akaVeterans Harvest Market), will continue to serve in 2019 as an outlet for the State’s Power of Produce program (Also known as: (POP | SR. & JR.) which is an initiative to get fresh, locally grown food into the mouths of low-income youth and seniors and partner with Scott County SHIP.
2017 was a bumper crop year as the market was able to donate nearly $8K in monetary relief and In Kind Donations.
The little Market That Could™ will be open from 4 to 7 p.m. each Thursday June 20th until Oct. 10th.
Grand Opening taking place on JUNE 20th. | SPECIAL THURSDAY JOIN US July 4th HOURS 3PM-6PM
In year three, 2018, Founder & Organizer- Colleen Callahan's outreach piqued the interest of
Rosemary Frank & Sheldon Bryant, Co-Founders of "Smoke Signals™" they promptly partnered & created a "free-will donations" roll in of Classic Cars from all directions, makes, models & years to join in on the festivities of this awesome bringing together community gathering, on a given Thursday up to 20 "Show Rides" rolled in to pop hoods, share stories, shop, mingle, eat & enjoy free attraction.
The Little Market That Could™ holds a Grand Finale in October with: sponsor awards, vehicle trophy's and community fun. There will be ample room for 100+ "Show Rides" at our partnering site Tractor Supply Company, TSC-Manager Al is excited to be host site and has held farmers markets previously at various sites, this will be the FIRST for this location and what a awesome addition it will make for the business, community and City of Prior Lake.
During 2019/20 Founder & Organizer- Colleen Callahan will mentor Team Smoke Signals™ as they step into her role as organizers.
Team Smoke Signals™ has sent smoke signals™ by bringing the community many fine fundraising events and charity shows, since opening Smoke Signals™ | Charity Auto Shows & Community Events 2017.
The Little Market That COULD™ will continue to donate pounds of food to the Scott, Carver and Dakota counties CAP Agency, will continue to invite local farmers through the Power of Produce, a farmer’s market incentive program aimed at getting healthy food to youth and seniors from the University of Minnesota Extension and the Statewide Health Improvement Partnership.
Additionally, SMOKE SIGNALS™ will Send... Smoke Signals™ to bring awareness & donations to assist:
SOUTHERN VALLEY ALLIANCE for BATTERED WOMEN...
which is a nonprofit organization located in Belle Plain and a partner and full resource in the communities we serve.
Focusing on: Increased awareness, training, and building relationships around removing the stigma around domestic violence, assisting in educating our youth, informing our neighbors, and partnering with other community groups invested in safety and well being is vital to all & Smoke Signals™ is DRIVEN to
Send Smoke Signals™ to help... End Domestic Violence in our Communities!
Special educational attractions at The Little Market That Could™ already aboard:
*Animals Of Walton Hollow will bring a Farm Zoo on these dates:
Please note: Your dog is welcomed at the market however MUST BE LEASHED AT ALL TIMES and in control of. MUST stay 40 feet away from the LIVE animal exhibits on site weekly. No Burnouts or racing tolerated!
- June 27, July 18,25, August 1,8,29, September 5, 26, October 3rd and have Q & A about a featured farm animal during these nights, did Smoke Signals™ mention pony rides, yes there will be!!!
- *DJ Roger Maunders from The Scene will be sending tunes out each Thursday for all to become a active mover & shaker at living well.
- *Minnesota Art Truck- owner/operator, Matt Swenson will roll-in for meet & greet the artist of the week & on-hands art therapy projects and art for sale, visit MnArtTruck.com - June 27, July 11, Aug 8, Aug 22, Sept 12, Sept 26, Oct 10
- *CLOWNS ACROSS THE RIVER - shenanigans & fun: June 20,
- *Fred Baisch -Magician: June 20, July 11,
- *Professor Flutterblaster - Science Shows July 11, August 15 and magic shows on: August 8, 29.
- *Paulie Spits KSIZ 99.9 Broadcasts live from The Little market That Could™ - June 20,
- *The Way Of Wellness Massage & Shiatsu and Meditation - Jody -Shoulder/back chair massages - June 20, 27
- *PATHWAYS - Shoulder/back chair massages weekly.
- * PAWS & EARS ADOPTION DAY - 6.20, 7.11, 8.15.
- * Gray Duck Garden Creations| Copper & cedar garden art/birding- 7.18, 7.25, 8.8, 8.15
- *Tractor Supply Company - Weekly!
- *WolfCreek Rustics - Weekly!
- *Brenda's "WallFlower Art" - Weekly!
- *Thompson Hillcrest Orchards -8.22, 8.29, 9.5, 9.12, 9.19, 9.26, 10.3, 10,10.
- *FIVE HAWKS ELEMENTARY SCHOOL GARDEN HARVEST FROM SEED TO SALES & FOOD ON THE TABLE A LEARNING CURVE - AUGUST THROUGH OCTOBER | Sponsored by Smoke Signals™
- *PRIOR LAKE LIONS CLUB - Throughout the season collecting backpacks and supplies for area school children.
- *CAP Agency programs and services informational & how to: June 20 July 18 August 15 September 19 October 3
- *Weekly Food Trucks may include however not limited to: Pharaoh's Gyros, Pizzeria 201, Weenie Wagon, Captain Matt's Whitefish Tacos, Ofelia's Fresh Mexican, Kettle Korn Kravings, Snowballs, Smoke Signals™ Bottle H2O & Snacks
- * LOCAL FARM PRODUCE - Gysland Brothers Farms, Vang Farms, Keagan PLVFW, MyMN Farmer, MAI Produce.
THANK YOU .
#aftermarket #cruisetoteresas #fiestatime 7pm
Cruise leader Harm Alken will lead the classic vehicles in a 5 mile cruise to Teresa's Mexican Restaurant where Paulie Spit & Sizzlin 99.9 KSIZ will entertain & serve specials & freebies from 7pm -10pm
Stop in at Hoot1961 is at The Little Market That Could to receive the free item to take to Teresa's.
- Team Smoke Signals™
- Rosemary | Sheldon
- *Colleen Callahan| Original founder of AKA Veterans Harvest Market
Team Lead | Janelle & Harm Alken of Prior Lake Transmission and Auto Service
LEARN MORE BY VISITING THE LINKS ON PHOTOS BELOW | SMOKE SIGNALS™ CELEBRATES ALL COMMUNITY ENDEAVORS THAT ASSIST IN BRINGING YOU #SUMMERSERIES2019 at The LITTLE MARKET THAT COULD™
NEW EVENT LOCATION
Get Directions Here
Clear your calendar every Thursday Night #aftermarket #rollin at The Little Market That Could™ 4-7PM for Teresa's Prior Lake "Cruise to Teresa's," starting Thursday June 20th 7PM from Smoke Signals Charity Auto Shows & Community Events at the Tractor Supply Co.. to Teresa's Mexican Restaurant
6880 Boudin St NE, Prior Lake, MN 55372
#aftermarket #thursdayscruisetoteresas #pauliespit #sizzlin999
#specials #freebies #patio #sunsets
2018 PHOTOS OF The Little Market that Could™ aka Veterans Harvest Market
Volunteer | Contact
DRIVEN TO PROVIDE MOBILITY
DRIVEN TO QUENCH
DRIVEN TO BE A GOOD SOUL
DRIVEN TO KEEP KIDS WARM
DRIVEN TO LEND A HAND
DRIVEN TO SAVE LIVES
ONLINE SHOW REGISTRATION
PRODUCE & POWER ROLLINS
Sweet Classics & Floats - 8.4.19
Wheels and Heels - 8.11.19
RIDE FOR MOBILITY- 9.15.19
Apple of Our Eye - 10.20.19
Smoke Signals™ | A Charitable Non-Profit | Driven to be Charitable- We Ride for Mobility.
Bringing together , celebrating and encompassing community with Smoke Signals™ Charity Program "Ride For Mobility" & Fundraising Community Wide Events while showcasing those who collect or simply appreciate amazing vehicles by raising awareness and monies for local and state-wide special causes.
Team -Smoke Signals™